Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Is New York City American?

Why are New Yorkers attacking conservatives and Republicans because they have a differing opinion? I have lived in New York for over 20 years now and when I first moved here the kind of assaults being perpetrated against people who differ with the NY Times has escalated to the absurd. The First amendment applies to all citizens of this country not just the wackadoo dingbats who populate Manhattan. I have been upbraided for my political beliefs at work by my co-workers, Glen Beck and his family were assaulted at an outdoor movie at Bryant Park. Jedediah Bila wrote about her tortuous existence as a conservative living in Manhattan. WTF is wrong with thinking for ourselves. Especially when the mob mentality of most New Yorkers is WRONG in every sense of the word. Enough is enough. New York City is very harsh on perpetrators of Hate Crimes when it conforms to their political agenda. Let's see what happens when someone files a Hate Crime complaint against someone for attacking them for being a conservative. I guarantee you it will be dismissed forthwith. I for one am not going to hold my breath. The longer that I stay in New York the more disgusted I get with the elitist, condescending, holier than thou attitude that permeates almost every aspect of life here. I can't wait for 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment